- ⅓ cup Vegetable Oil
- 10 corn tortillas, cut into eighths, preferably stale (spread out to dry overnight)
- 2 cups prepared Mole Negro sauce (learn how to make mole w our paste)
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup Mexican crema, or sour cream
- 1 fried egg (optional)
Pour about 1/3 cup vegetable oil into a large saute pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the tortillas, working in 2 or 3 batches, and cook until lightly browned and nearly crisp. Drain the tortillas on paper towels and discard the remaining oil. Wipe the pan with a paper towel.
In the same pan, add the black mole sauce and bring to simmer over low heat. Add the tortillas and cook until soft but not mushy, about 3-5 minutes. Top with cheese, onions, and cilantro. Drizzle Sour cream and top with a fried egg. serve immediately.