- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon, Guelaguetza Mole Negro paste
- ¼ Lemon, it’s juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
Our friend Piloncillo y Vainilla whipped up this delicious Buddha Bowl, perfect for this time of year! We absolutely love Buddha Bowls, they are nutritious, easy to prepare and most of all, DELICIOUS. We were jumping in joy when we received this recipe.
BUDDHA MEXICAN BOWL
The Mexican Buddha bowl is a bowl with rice, sautéed green leaves, roasted vegetables and chickpeas in a creamy sauce of Oaxacan mole Coloradito.
- 2 tablespoons of mole Coloradito of the Guelaguetza
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- 31/2 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas or two cans
- 250 g of cherry tomatoes
- 4 large cuffs of kale spinach or a mixture of the two
- Toasted sesame
- Sliced onion purple
Put the mole paste, clove of garlic, almonds, salt and water in the blender. Mix well and test well. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
In a frying pan put the teaspoon of oil and empty the sauce, leave to medium fire until it begins to boil.
Add the chickpeas and lower the heat, leave until necessary.
In a separate skillet or in a toaster oven, fold the tomatoes and green leaves with a little salt and a little olive oil.
To serve, divide the rice, green leaves, and tomatoes, into four pasta bowls. Then add a ladle of chickpeas in mole sauce on top.
Lastly, finish it off with toasted sesame and onion.
EGG SALAD SANDWICH:
¼ cup mole Aioli (recipe)
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
¼ teaspoon paprika
½ lemon, juiced
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Butter lettuce or arugula
8 to 12 slices white sandwich bread, sliced about ½-inch thick, toasted
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 avocado, halved, peeled, seeded and sliced lengthwise
Place eggs in a large saucepan. Cover them with cool water by 1 inch. Slowly bring water to a boil over medium heat; when the water has reached a boil, cover and remove from heat. Let sit 12 minutes. Transfer eggs to a colander; place in ice water bath to stop the cooking. Peel eggs and roughly chop them, reserve.
In a medium bowl, place chopped eggs, stir in Mole Negro aioli, mustard, onions, lemon juice, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste. Using a rubber spatula, gently mix until combined.
Line half of the slices with lettuce. Spread with an even layer of egg salad. Arrange about three to four slices of avocados, bacon and lettuce or arugula on top. Top with remaining bread. Cut in half and serve.
- 2 ears corn, unhusked
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon mole coloradito
- 1 lemon, its juice
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup grated cotija cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place corn, in its husks, directly on the oven rack. Roast until tender and cooked through, about 40-45 minutes.
- In a blender, blend butter, lemon juice and dash of salt
- Peel down the husks. Rub each ear of corn with lemon, plus the butter/mole mixture
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with cotija cheese