EGG SALAD SANDWICH:
¼ cup mole Aioli (recipe)
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
¼ teaspoon paprika
½ lemon, juiced
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Butter lettuce or arugula
8 to 12 slices white sandwich bread, sliced about ½-inch thick, toasted
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 avocado, halved, peeled, seeded and sliced lengthwise
Place eggs in a large saucepan. Cover them with cool water by 1 inch. Slowly bring water to a boil over medium heat; when the water has reached a boil, cover and remove from heat. Let sit 12 minutes. Transfer eggs to a colander; place in ice water bath to stop the cooking. Peel eggs and roughly chop them, reserve.
In a medium bowl, place chopped eggs, stir in Mole Negro aioli, mustard, onions, lemon juice, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste. Using a rubber spatula, gently mix until combined.
Line half of the slices with lettuce. Spread with an even layer of egg salad. Arrange about three to four slices of avocados, bacon and lettuce or arugula on top. Top with remaining bread. Cut in half and serve.
- 2 ears corn, unhusked
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon mole coloradito
- 1 lemon, its juice
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup grated cotija cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place corn, in its husks, directly on the oven rack. Roast until tender and cooked through, about 40-45 minutes.
- In a blender, blend butter, lemon juice and dash of salt
- Peel down the husks. Rub each ear of corn with lemon, plus the butter/mole mixture
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with cotija cheese