- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz mexican chorizo, ½ inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ancho powder
- 1 28oz can diced plum tomatoes
- 1 cup prepared mole negro
- 5 oz (1 ¼ cup) queso Oaxaca, diced
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees. In a large pan, add the olive oil and set to medium heat. Once hot, add in the chorizo and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the pan. Then add the bell pepper and onion and cook slowly until tender. Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Then, add in the spices and mix in completely with the onion and pepper mixture. Once mixed, add the can of diced tomatoes, mole negro, salt and pepper. Allow the mixture to come up to a simmer.
- Add the onion and pepper mix to a baking dish, along with the chorizo. Using the back of a large spoon, make 4 wells in the onion pepper mix for the eggs to fall into. Crack the eggs into the dish, and spread out the queso to fill the dish. Place the dish into the oven and cook till the eggs have cooked through (12-15 minutes). Serve immediately with cilantro and tortillas.