Serves: 5-6 ppl
- 4 cups rotisserie chicken (shredded)
- 15 corn tortillas
- peanut oil for frying
- ¾ cup mexican crema
- ⅓ cup prepared mole negro
- Heat a griddle or comal to medium high heat. Heat through each tortilla until soft. Add about 2 tablespoons of shredded chicken to each tortilla, and roll tight into a taquito. Place the built taquitos onto a tray or plate, cover and place into the freezer until solid(6-12 hours).
- In a frying pan, add enough oil to fill about half way. Set to medium high heat.
- In a small bowl. Add the crema and mole negro and mix until fully incorporated. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Once the oil has reached approximately 375 degrees, add the frozen taquitos in one at a time until the pan is full, making sure the oil doesn’t boil over. Make sure to turn the taquitos to allow for an even golden brown fry.
- Once fried and crispy, move the taquitos to a paper towel lined tray or plate and season with salt. Serve the taquitos immediately with the mole crema, guacamole and salsa.