Serves 4 to 6 servings
Active time: 40 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Ease of preparation: Easy
- 3-4 sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- ¼ cup Guelaguetza Mole Coloradito Starter
- 1 ½ cups apple cider
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon finely minced chives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Place sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and season with ½ teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper. Roast, tossing once halfway, until sweet potatoes start to darken around the edges and they’re fork-tender, 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, add 1 tablespoon butter to a shallow medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 2 minutes. Add Guelaguetza Mole Coloradito, cider, vinegar, maple syrup or honey, tarragon and ¾ teaspoon salt. Whisk vigorously as the mixture cooks until mole fully dissolves into liquid, this will take a few minutes. Cook until reduced and thick like syrup, 15 to 18 minutes. Reduce heat to low and whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Taste and adjust seasonings if you like, flavors will be savory, sweet and sour.
Remove sweet potatoes from the oven once they are tender. Plate sweet potatoes & drizzle laze on top. Garnish with chives and serve.