4 mexican squash (13oz) grated
1 ½ cup flour
3/4 cup queso oaxaca grated
¼ red onion, fine chop
¾ tsp salt
⅛ tsp black pepper
1 cup Guelaguetza's Mole Negro (recipe here)
- Using a box grater, grate all of the squash into a medium bowl. Once grated, squeeze out as much liquid from the shredded squash as possible and drain. Set aside.
- Finely chop ¼ of a red onion and add to the squash. Add the grated queso the onion and squash and mix till everything is equally incorporated.
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper together and add to the rest of the ingredients. Mix everything together well and set aside.
- Add a medium sized skillet over medium heat and approximately one cup of frying oil. While the pan heats up, Heat up the tortillas over a comal, then fill each with about 3 tbsp of the squash mixture. Add the stuffed tortillas, two at a time to the pan and allow to fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes each side. Remove from the pan and allow to drain and cool on a plate lined with paper towel.
- As the enmoladas drain, make 1 package of mole negro starter.
- Pour mole over the stuffed tortillas, top with parsley and red onions.