Our friend Esteban, aka @ChicanoEats has done it again. This time he surprised us with this out of this world deliciousness, deviled eggs recipe. We must admit, eggs and mole are one of our most favorite combos. Our dad's favorite meal is actually scrambled eggs and ham with a drizzle (big drizzle) of mole negro. We also always keep a small saucepan of mole on our stove top to throw over any breakfast meal. These deviled eggs however, took the mole egg game to a whole other level. They were decadent and packed with flavor. An absolute must have at any brunch. Try them out and let us know what you think!
Thank you Esteban!
Author: Esteban Castillo
- 8 Eggs, hard steamed, or boiled, completely cooled and peeled
- 2½ Tablespoons crema mexicana (or sour cream)
- 2 Tablespoons pepperoncini juice
- 1 Tablespoon mole coloradito
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup cooked chorizo or longaniza
- Chives, minced
- Slice each egg in half lengthwise and scoop out the yolks into a fine mesh strainer placed over a large bowl.
- Use a spoon to press the yolks through the strainer into the bowl. Lift the strainer and scrape off any yolk that might still be hanging.
- Add the crema mexicana, pepperoncini juice, mole coloradito and salt and pepper to your yolks. Whisk thorougly combine. Transfer the mixture to a large zip top or piping bag.
- If you have frosting tips, go ahead and use those for a cleaner pipe, otherwise snip off the end of the ziploc bag to pipe.
- Pipe the mixture evenly between the 16 halves, and garnish with a few chorizo crumbles and chives.