We are so excited to be collaborating with Esteban Castillo of Chicano Eats these next few weeks. He has a series of very exciting recipes in store for us and we can’t wait! In the meantime, check out this honey mole glazed wing recipe he made for us just in time for Super Bowl Sunday.
Remember that you too can be featured on our blog by submitting your own mole recipe to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy Cooking ya’ll!
- For the wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ⅓ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup of honey
- 2 tablespoons of mole coloradito
- ½ teaspoon crushed red paper flakes
- sesame seeds
- green onion
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss together the chicken wings, oil, salt, and pepper. Disperse the wings evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake your wings for 50-55 minutes until crispy and golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, mix the chicken stock, honey, mole coloradito and the red pepper flakes. Cook on medium-high heat for five minutes, whisking constantly until everything comes together.
- Toss the wings in the honey mole glaze and garnish with sesame seeds and green onion.