Time: 50 min cook time plus marinate time
8 small skin-on, bone-in chicken thigh
3 tbsp honey
4 tbsp Mole Negro Starter
½ cup chicken stock
3 garlic cloves
3 tsp salt
½ cup grapeseed oil
1 lb carrot and parsnip mix, cleaned and peeled
1 bunch radish, trimmed and washed
2 large scallions, thinly sliced
- Add honey, mole starter, chicken stock, garlic, and salt to a blender. Blend till smooth, then slowly drizzle in the oil to emulsify. Set aside. (Tip: An immersion blender also works well for this step.)
- In a large bowl or large resealable bag, add the chicken thighs making sure to pat them dry first with a clean paper towel. Add the marinade to the chicken thighs, making sure everything is completely coated in the mixture. Set in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook the chicken, heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Pour the chicken and all of its marinade into a 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Chop the carrots and parsnips into similarly sized 1 ½-inch segments, halving and even quartering any especially thick pieces. Keep the radish whole. Add all the vegetables and toss to coat in the marinade, then spread the chicken and vegetables in a snug but single layer. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and turn up the heat to 450 degrees. Turn the chicken and vegetables in the pan juices. Return to the oven and continue roasting until the pan sauce is reduced and sticky, and the chicken and vegetables are browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
- To serve, spoon the pan juices over the chicken and vegetables to make them glossy. Scatter over the scallions and serve directly from the pan.