Use this simple recipe for the next best margarita, or to sweeten your summer iced coffee 🍹
MOLE SIMPLE SYRUP
makes 1 cup
¾ cup water
¾ cup dark brown sugar
2 tbsp mole negro starter
- Place all the ingredients in a small sauce pan. Set to medium-high heat while stirring constantly. Bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat once brought up to a simmer. Place the syrup in the refrigerator to cool down.
- Once cooled down, pass the mixture through cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer to remove the solids.
TO MAKE A MOLE MARGARITA:
1 oz mole simple syrup
1 ½ oz fresh lime juice
2 oz tequila
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add all ingredients to the shaker and shake vigorously for 5 seconds.
- Strain the mix into a chilled glass and garnish with lime and salt if desired.