Our mole is not just meant to be prepared on enchiladas or over chicken. This wonderful mole aioli will make you want to get creative on the kitchen. Use this Aioli on egg salads or in a sandwich spread. You will fall in love. A staple on everyones fridge.
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon, Guelaguetza Mole Negro paste
- ¼ Lemon, it’s juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolk, garlic, salt and about 2 teaspoons of water. Add Guelaguetza Mole Negro and dissolve with spatula until mole paste fully dissolves.
Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in grapeseed oil, 1 teaspoon at a time, until sauce is thickened and emulsified. Continue whisking, add olive oil in a slow, steady stream. Season aioli with lemon juice, pepper, and salt to taste.